Thursday 22 March 2007

Snow!

I love the country!

It snowed here today. By the time I had got up and out of the house the snow had started to settle on the car and the garden, but the roads were clear. I dropped number one son off at his secondary school and then took number two son to his secondary school. By the time I arrived at my secondary school, the snow had turned to rain.

I got to my nice cosy office, coffee in hand, and as I am removing my coat, the phone rings. Our phone system here roams. If the main switchboard is busy, the call jumps around the offices until it finds someone prepared to answer it. I answer it. "It's snowing - is the school open". I look out of my window, it's raining, the snow has gone. I replace the hand set and prepare for another fun filled day.

And people blame the schools - blame the parents!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Funny isn't it? In the school I work in, all the staff got in that day, some coming over 20 miles, but only about a third of the pupils arrived and the catchment area is relatively small. My son, who attends the school, spent 10 hard fought minutes trying to make a case for him staying home and me going in to work.

On the other hand, it's so rare now to have a good fall of snow, it's hard to begrudge the kids some fun.