Friday 22 June 2007

Surprise

I have not been around much I know. We have one GCSE to go and then it is all over.

My husband has been away in San Francisco. He went on Fathers day and I have merely ambled from one day to the next awaiting his return. The week dragged.

Normally I get home from work every day, pour two gin and tonics, go and drag him out of his home office and we sit on our special patio down at the end of the garden in the last of the days sun and we talk. We have always done this, so when he isn't here I miss him dreadfully. It's like missing an arm or something.

I came home tonight. I walked in the door. I have no idea what it was, but I knew. I shouted his name and there he was. He was not due home until tomorrow, he got a flight a day earlier. We had been chatting all day on Messenger and I thought he was on the other side of the world, but he was only a mile away.

My cup runeth over - I love him so much.

6 comments:

debio said...

The best surprise in the world. Enjoy!

Catherine said...

Lucky you. Reunions are wonderful.

Rob Clack said...

My wife and I have been together now for 30 years and right from the start there've been many times we've been apart. When you're on your own and you want so much to be with someone else, life really sucks. My wife used to leave me a worn t-shirt to sniff as I lay in bed at night to remind me of her!
And now, 30 years on, being on my own still sucks. I'm just better at distracting myself.
I went all dewey-eyed reading how he came home a day early. Lovely!

Penny Pincher said...

How lovely - enoyed this - will be back again.

Penny Pincher said...

I'm sorry typos are dreadfully bad this week - I think my right forfinger has gone AWOL. I meant I 'enjoyed' it.

Swearing Mother said...

Hi! My husband was in the USA on Father's Day too, I went on his Father's Day lunch with my daughter, but without him.

Weird.

We've been married over 35 years and still he really gets me. Aren't we lucky?

I only started blogging because he's away so much, late nights, a bit lonely, cold bed etc.