Monday 2 July 2007

Gone

I am sad. He has gone again, and this time for three months.

Not that I'll have a moment to myself. Full time job, two sons, three cats and a house to run. Admittedly, when he's not here the house is tidier and I get things done which I can't when he is here. He moans at me and says unhelpful things like, 'sod the house work, there's some sun let's sit on our little patio sun trap and have a G&T, the hoursework will only need doing tomorrow', and who am I to argue.

He emailed me earlier, and I quote:

Hiya,

I'm on the plane and missing you already (surrounded by honeymooners and loving elderly couples!).
Wish you were here,traveling is not the same without you.

I wish I could earn enough to let you travel 1st class.... Maybe in time (when we are old and grey!)

love you more than life itself

D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


How could you not love him. He is my life.

8 comments:

Rob Clack said...

Wow! You didn't get much of him, did you? Poor you.
'Fraid I'm with him on the patio bit, only I'd make it a Three Choirs rosé (Wine Society, about £6) or a decent Muscadet, or maybe a South African chenin blanc, or....

Catherine said...

Oh, you've changed your blog layout. Is that significant?

You are so lucky to have such a loving husband. Enjoy, even the quiet times. Console yourself with us. Time will pass quickly. Will you be able to go out for a visit?

The Secretary said...

Rob - I'm not fussy, so long as it's alcoholic!!!

Marianne - I just got fed up of the spots - couldn't work out if they were on the screen on my eyes. I changed the name as I wasn't really writing about the school as I can't really - so no it's about ME ME ME!!!

Drunk Mummy said...

Awwww - how lovely! Just console yourself with thoughts of your romantic reunion. Three months is tough - can you escape to join him for a few days?

debio said...

Three months is a long haul...and so tough - my heartfelt sympathies.

Love the new layout!

Mopsa said...

Blimey, on her own again and a bit of time on her hands top play with layouts - fun ain't it?

rilly super said...

has he got any single brothers? just interested in, err, family research, that kind of thing...

The Secretary said...

Drunk Mummy - I would love to but its not really possible and he would be working anyhoo.

Debio - Why thank you kindly.

Mopsa - Time on my hands - nooooo....full time job, house to run, two boys and three cats - no time whatsoever!

Rilly - unfortunately no. He has two elder brothers who aren't a patch on him.....in my eyes, and they are at least 10 years older!