- He has applied to Tescos - we have a large one near by - not recruiting at present.
- He has applied to Ikea - we have a new one near by - not interested in him, he's too young.
- He has applied to the Amazon distribution centre - just near by, heard nothing.
- He has applied to MacDonalds - surely they must want him - NO!
- He has applied to Costco - too young.
- He has applied to PC World - heard nothing.
- He has applied to Argos - heard nothing.
- He has applied to Starbucks - nothing.
OK, I know he is only 16, but he has 10 good GCSE's - what more d0 these people want.
How is a school leaver supposed to get a job. Personally, I am all for students staying on at school or going to college or getting an apprenticeship instead of just leaving school at 16 - it's too young to be out in the big wide world.
I know that we are in a different situation as he is still at school so work is not such a big issue yet, but it just seems so hard and my sympathies are with any 16 year old out there trying to make their way in world.
Never mind, I don't really think he wants a job, I mean that would ruin his social life!