Sunday 13 May 2007

Me

I sat and I pondered what to write. I know, say the current husband, tell them something about you that they don't already know. So, on the basis of a very went Sunday afternoon, I thought I would.

You already know that I am married, have two boys aged 12 and 16, I work in a secondary school and I have a husband who buys me presents such as VAX carpet shampooers. So what don't you know:

  1. I am originally from oop north and now live down sarf.
  2. I am a red-head.
  3. I am deaf.
  4. I have three cats.
  5. I love my garden.
  6. I have a bit of a thing for gin and tonic.
  7. I love crap TV such as Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder - bit of a theme going there.
  8. For all the things I say about him, I adore my husband.
  9. I am on a permanent diet - which normally lasts two or three days and then I give in to my craving for butter.
  10. I am a big migraine sufferer, but I have discovered that they are brought on by lager and chocolate.
  11. I cry a lot - especially at sad things on TV.
  12. I love my job.
  13. I spend far too much money on things I don't need.

I will stop at lucky 13!

8 comments:

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

I guessed at the G&T from previous comments!

I'm with you on the G&T, the cats (I have two), the three-day diet and coming from oop north!

rilly super said...

you sound actually quite normal dear, except for the whole VAX think, and being a redhead (lucky thing), and enjoying murder she wrote (what's wrong with Columbo, I'd like to know), and having a name that sounds like a character in a surreal TV show like 'The prisoner' and also what's with the butter craving? Thanks for the link by the way. I shall add you without delay to my list so I don't have to keep clicking on your profile thingy. definately a day for staying in with one of those G&Ts today up north as well today dear.

The Secretary said...

Columbo's up there with Murder she Wrote and Diagnosis Murder. Basically our tv is permanently tuned to the Hallmark Chanel - that's what they show!

Anonymous said...

I love G&T too (with lime).

I also have two sons (and one daughter).

Have one cat.

Am strawberry blonde.

Angela Lansbury (Murder She Wrote) shares the same birthday as me - although not the year of course).

Love butter.

rilly super said...

crikey sarnia, older that Angela Lansbury and yet you come across as so young on your blog!

Catherine said...

I'm having a very wet day today, it's raining both inside and out. Started the day on the wrong foot with youngest son and it was tears before breakfast.

So you too are a refugee from up North? We should start an exclusive club of reversed bloggers. If you ever get fed up with the husband, I'm not too fussed about the Vax!

Enjoying reading your blog. You often make me laugh out loud.

Swearing Mother said...

My God I've met a kindred spirit!! We're identical in everything except migraines, and I'm sure I could muster one up with a bit of an effort.

There's absolutely nothing better when enjoying a sneaky day off than an afternoon of Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote and the like, but what has happened to Quincy? Top that with a cup of tea, your shoes off and feet on the sofa, fire blazing up the chimney....... bliss. Just one more thing would be necessary and that's a scone with BUTTER!

Nickalollyoff said...

1) Makes me regret saying "get out whilst you still can" on my blog! If I had known I woulda just called ya a lucky shite instead!