Tuesday 3 April 2007

Forbidden Fruits

Went in late today - really couldn't get out of bed.

I advised hubby dearest to set the alarm for 8.00am as I'd go in for 9.00am. The alarm went off and I accused him of not having moved it to 8.00am from 7.00am, rolled over and promptly fell back to sleep. Trouble was he had re-set the alarm, I just chose not to believe him. Hence I was in late - 9.15am (ooh, big deal I hear you cry - but I am never late, I hate being late, and I hate tardiness in others too!).

We small band of troops, left holding the fort, sat and had our coffee in the staff room, putting the world to rights and discussing the days news, as normal and then went off to our respective offices - I bid them a fond farewell as we are spread through out the school, so I didn't know when I would be seeing them again. I don't know if it is because the school is empty or what, but it's jolly cold in there at the moment, so I kicked on my fan heater (I have a radiator, but I am a person who needs warm, and as such I have a little "additional pep" when I need it). I settled down to work and got, surprisingly, a fair old lot done.

We broke for lunch at 12.00 and got fish and chips - we are being very decedent this week so far - it'll be champagne and caviar by the end of the holidays the way we are going. We seem to be going through the 'forbidden' foods in a school - we plan either Pizza delivery or Burger King tomorrow!!!

Normally we all eat in the school cafeteria. Jamie Oliver has a lot to answer for as school food these days tastes of nothing. They can't use salt in the food and you don't get any tomato sauce or such like. Now I am not one for burger and chips every day and I'm also not one for having salt on everything or in everything - that's not me at all, but if I have to eat healthy, then surely it can taste of something. I am going to purchase salt, pepper, vinegar and tomato sauce sachets and sell them on the black market at school - seasoning is needed. No wonder most kids bring packed lunches - school dinners are foul these days, which is why it is such a sinful pleasure to sit and eat fast food and takeaways in the school holidays.

We all left at 2.30pm, so quite a pleasant day all in all.

No comments: