Tuesday 3 April 2007

Teenagers

Not like me to blog twice in one day, I know - but I have a 16 year old who is not talking to me.

Why? Well, I found a lump in my right breast about 4 weeks ago. I have had one before, so I left it a week or two ( as I had been told to do by the Doctor, in case it was a cyst). The last one was a cyst, which they drained and basically gave me a prescription for antibiotic and said 'go away'.

This one is different, same boob but different location, and well, just different.

So I went to the doctors and had it examined - husband came with me and I kept joking that he was just a perv and wanted to see a female doctor play with my boobs - daft I know, but it hid my fear!

She found 'bloody big lump', as she put it and I now have my appointment for a mammogram and biopsy next week.

Son of 16 overheard me and hubby speaking in the kitchen - he is now not speaking to me - what do you do. I don't want to tell him that there is a problem, because as of now there isn't, but I don't want to scare him as he is about to take his GCSE's!

Gosh life is fun!!!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

The problem with cysts is that they tend to fill up again if you don't get to the bottom of what's causing them - it seems there is an emotional link. If your tests come out clear, you can avoid having it aspirated if you consult a good homeopath. Just thought I'd mention it.

Good luck

Chris at 'Chrissie's Kitchen' said...

I had a lump in left breast last year and was terrified. It turned out not to be a cyst but not anything worse & it was duly removed. I burst into uncontrollable tears when I learned it was benign.

Good luck.

The Secretary said...

Thank you both - I am sure it's nothing, but you can't help worry!